Wednesday 21 September 2011

Wear a wig for style & comfort

Many of my customers wear wigs for style.  Like me, they do not like their own hair for whatever reason.  In my case, my hair is wavy and very, very thick and it sits on my head like a hedge!  Not a good look! I used to spend a fortune going to the hairdressers getting it cut, styled and blow-dried.  It was all a waste of time and money and I used to feel so depressed as I left, having spent time and money and knowing that as soon as I was home, I would wash it all out and start again.  In the end, the only style that I was reasonably happy with, was really short, urchin style, and spiked with Black & White's wax. 

It was years later, and a new relationship, that I read about the Japanese Yuko straightening method being pioneered in London.  So I went, hotfoot, to Toni & Guy in Golders Green and emerged, 3 hours later, and £300 poorer with lovely straight hairThe lovely straight hair lasted about 3 months and was good while it lasted.  I didn't need to use any straighteners or anything and it stayed straight in rain and drizzle so I was happy.  When it did start to wave again as it grew, I confidently made another appointment for the procedure to be repeated, but this time, after the first 5 minutes, I got the trainees and everything changed.  They even burnt my head.  I never went back again.

Eventually, I realised that it would be far less hassle and cost to wear a wig.  I have done so now for about 5 years and have no intention of going down the salon route again, no matter what they promise.  A wig is cheaper, more versatile and best of all, you just take it off and put it on at your own choosing!   Picture above, me, wearing Mary May !  Picture below, Mary May as on website.

No comments:

Post a Comment