Thursday 31 March 2011

Discussions around hair on Hubpages


Yesterday I signed up to Hubpages and have written 2 hubs so far. It seems a very good format to discuss issues around hair - synthetic or human. As a website selling wigs, www.wearmyhair.com is keen to dispel any myths about synthetic hair being less good than human hair just because it is cheaper! There are advantages and disadvantages with both. On the plus side with synthetic hair is, of course, the price. But that is not all. For many people, the whole idea of wearing wigs is to have more hairstyles, colours, lengths and so on to play with! That whole "getting ready" to go out for the night, clubbing, on a date, or just a girlie night, is such a great opportunity to make the absolute best of what you have. It doen't matter a toss if it is real or not -hey, if I break a fingernail, I so do not wait for it to grow back, I put on a falsie! With implants, semi-permanent make-up, false eyelashes and everything else, whether it is real or not, just does not come into it.

It is about feeling the best you can. For many people, myself included, wearing a wig is infinitely better than putting up with my own hair. I have done the whole lot - straightening, dyeing, salon straightening and the Yuko method! That was expensive and some. The first time I had it done it was good. Cost about £300 but it stayed straight for about 3 months. The second and third time though, the salon used trainees and it was not good, not worth the money, they burnt my head and I never went back again.

I could wear real human hair wigs if I wanted to but I have seriously never felt the need. Ok, you cannot dye a synthetic wig and they do not last as long. But for my money, I would rather have a range of different synthetic wigs that I can wear according to my mood, outfit, make-up, occasion or whatever, than one very expensive wig that will most definitely damage with treatments such as dyeing, using blow-dryers and tongs etc. A reasonable human hair wig will cost upwards of £300 and many cost much more. Not me, I will stick to the synthetic wigs and have my money's worth every time!

No comments:

Post a Comment